2 lbs Fresh Peaches
2 Tb. Canola Oil
1 container mascarpone cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
6 Crumbled almond cookies
1⁄4 C. toasted almonds, finely chopped
Ground coriander or fresh grated nutmeg
1. Preheat your (very clean!) grill to high. Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits, and brush the cut sides with the oil.
2. Grill for 2 minutes cut side down, then turn over and grill for another 3 or 4 minutes until they’re heated through.
3. Meanwhile in a small bowl take about half the container of mascarpone and mix with the vanilla. Serve 2 or 3 halves per person, and top with the vanilla mascarpone, cookies, nuts, and a dusting of spice.
Makes 2 Quarts
2 bottles dry white wine (Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc)
2 lb. thinly sliced fresh peaches
2 cups blackberries, pitted cherries, or halved grapes
1 c. Amaretto or Grand Marnier
1. Divide all the ingredients except the bubbly stuff evenly between the two pitchers, ideally the day before you want to serve it.
2. When you’re ready, add the bubbly, stir it all really well, and serve over lots of ice. This goes great with a late summer BBQ, and is especially nice with pork and chicken.